I found this online and thought I would put it up here and see how many I had done..
30 SKILLS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD HAVE BEFORE TURNING 30
1. Hard boil an egg check!
2. Diplomatically tell Mom to butt-out A recent skill, but yes!
3. Ace a job interview yip
4. Ask a man out I seem to remember doing this in my straight days.
5. Send a thoughtful thank you note does a thank you email or text count?
6. Listen to a friend in need yip
7. Ask for help yessiree
8. Effectively end an unhealthy relationship (romantic or platonic in nature) Indeed I have. 2, in fact. One with a ‘friend’ and one with an ex girlfriend. Both relationships were poisonous and I was better off out of it.
9. Beautifully wrap a gift now that depends on what you count as ‘beautiful’. Probably not as beautifully as I should. Though I do try!
10. Say “no” gracefully Yess. A simple “no thankyou, but thanks for asking / thanks for the thought” is often enough.
11. Whip up a great dinner with the five items in her fridge.Great? Maybe not. But certainly doable. But does everything have to come from the fridge?
12. Forget pleasing him, by 30 a woman should be able to tell her man exactly how to please her. Ha ha. Not really applicable. But in the spirit of the point, then yes
13. Sew a button Ooh yeah! I did that once!
14. Mix a kick-ass cocktail. A fail, I think. Unless I can count the ‘cocktails’ I used to make as a kid, with leftover dregs of coffee and tea, orange juice, toothpaste and rose petals..
15. Take off her bra without removing her shirt easy peasy.
16. Apply lip gloss in the dark another fail, I’m afraid. I don’t *do* lipgloss.
17. Balance her checkbook Erm. Does that mean stay in credit in the bank account? I did learn to do that once the bank closed my student account and I had no option but to rely on a cardcash account.
18. Create a budget Oh yeah. Quite a few times
19. Find the best deal Yes yes. I get the Money Saving Expert emails too!
20. Negotiate a salary and/or pay raise Yep. I negotiated my salary before I started my current job. They wanted to pay me less. I wanted more. And I got it!
21. Read a map Road maps, yes (though I much prefer to rely on my gps nowadays.) Not so good at Ordnance Survey stuff though..
22. Hail a cab Done. AND in London too!
23. Say something in French just for the hell of it Yeah..
24. Apologize when she’s wrong Frequenly. I’m one of those people who apologizes WAAAY too much though. So I need to cut down on that one
25. Dress for her body type not really. I wear what I can find to fit, which isn’t much.
26. Change a flat (or know whom to call to come change it) I have been told how to do this, but have never had to do it. I was all prepared once to take a wheel off, but in the end didn’t have to do it. But I *do* have breakdown, so I guess I pass!
27. Spot a fake (handbag, diamond, potential friend…) handbags and jewellery I would have no idea. Friends.. sometimes.
28. Feign interest ALL the TIME.
29. Know what to tip on a $25 dinner bill I know. Doesn’t mean I always do i though. This is the U.K
30. Hold a baby (Hey, someone you know is bound to have one sooner or later)Yessir. Well.. I held my sister’s baby a couple of times.